The democratisation of investment
Investment should not just be the preserve of the rich. Many wealth managers are only interested in portfolios that have a value in excess of £250,000, but at Hamilton Financial, we have found a solution.
HF Active Share is a series of actively-managed model portfolios*, geared to client risk tolerance (cautious to dynamic), and open to anyone with savings from £50,000 up to £250,000.
We adopt the same investment philosophy for HF Active Share as we do for our larger clients.
HF Active Share differs from other model portfolios for four important reasons:
- Our engagement with clients: advisory management has progressively been abandoned by wealth managers as uneconomic. Dialogue with clients is central to our ethos and HF Active Share enables this albeit on a restricted basis
- Small outperforms large: once they reach a certain size, wealth managers tend to prioritise asset gathering over long term investment performance.
- Our strong preference is for closed ended funds, i.e. investment trusts, described by some as the City’s best kept secret.
- Charges are lower than most : (a) no VAT is added to our charges and (b) the cost of buying and selling investments is zero.
HF ACTIVE SHARE CONDITIONS
- Portfolio size £50,000 – £250,000
- Initial fixed fee regardless of portfolio size – £1,000.
- Ongoing advice charges including platform charge – 1% of assets under management
- Trading charges – i.e. buying and selling investments – zero cost
- Investment changes ( rebalancing) are restricted to once a year only
- Regular contributions – e.g monthly pension contributions – are invested every quarter
- Valuations and commentary – twice a year.
- Communication – the HF team will be available for direct communication ( phone) once every 6 months. (We can be flexible.)
Click here for more about HF ACTIVE SHARE.
* You can read more about Model Portfolios HERE